The role of the General Manager would be to support the Country Manager in the management of all operations related to our micro-insurance products, including maintaining quality of delivery of existing activities, as well as managing business relationships. The General Manager will also be responsible for developing new products, business models and functionality, and will assume P&L responsibility for successful new lines of business. Work streams will include coordinating technical platform integration, insurance company coordination, marketing, sales team recruitment, etc.
The General Manager will also play a specific role with regards to setting up a more robust local organization structure to enable it to perform effectively. Overall, the General Manager must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Analytical and quick thinking in a fast-paced environment are essential. The General Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project.
• Responsible for working as part of the senior management team locally to develop overall strategy.
• Working with the local country team to execute operations
• Manage activities of members of team and ensure work is progressing as planned.
• Supporting Country Manager to implement local business plan
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong background in financial processes, such as month-end closing, budgeting and business performance analysis
• Deep understanding of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow analyses
• General understanding of accounting and financial reporting processes
• Ability to problem solve
• Strong analytical skills and excellent excel skills
• Manage schedules, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
• Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
• Identify and develop the components required to deliver a strong organization structure that enables BIMA in Pakistan to perform effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand project teams, ideally in emerging markets
QUALIFICATIONS/ OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
• 5 – 7+ years’ work experience in either an implementation/operational role or previous experience from business controlling, preferably from a large corporation
• Looking for someone eager to live and work in emerging markets and enthusiastic about building a new venture; willing to relocate to Lahore in which our operations are based
• Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
• Languages required: fluent English
• Foreign MA or MBA preferred